Helping You Help Your CommunitiesBuffamante Whipple Buttafaro, P.C. is a for profit firm dedicated to serving our communities. We understand the work your organization does is very important. We know your not-for-profit exists to serve populations or causes that make a difference in our communities and in our world. Let us help you to navigate the financial, regulatory and tax aspects of your operations so you can get back to doing what you do best—empowering others.
We have a long history of service in the not-for-profit industry. Regardless of the type or size of your organization, we can help you fulfill your mission by improving your financial condition. We can also help you throughout your entire life cycle in developing and sustaining your organization.
Let Us Help You To
- Apply for tax-exempt status
- Conduct financial audits that are useful and value-added
- Allocate costs and review indirect cost rates
- Budget and forecast
- Demonstrate compliance as part of your grant agreements
- Plan and prepare your non-profit tax reports and comply with IRS guidelines
- Plan for unrelated business income tax
- Defer compensation and develop fringe benefit packages
- Analyze your operations
- Study and review your internal controls
- Develop policies and procedures
- Get answers to complex questions as your consultants
- Embrace New York State's Non-Profit Revitalization Act
Why Not-for-profits Come to Us
- We “get” the funding world. Our deep understanding of the unique challenges not-for-profits face can help you to successfully apply for funding and accurately account for transactions that support your organization’s operations and programs. Let us help you to navigate the “grant maze” by evaluating your control structure, improving your reporting systems and satisfying grant requirements.
- We understand the solid foundation. We realize it’s vitally important that your organization’s entire operation—from board structure to program services—remains efficient and cost-effective. At BWB, we provide sound guidance to help you manage aspects of your organization, not just the accounting side, but also your organization's structure, systems and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency and prudent use of your resources.
- We turn weaknesses into strengths. Thanks to our extensive experience with not-for-profits, BWB has well-established procedures to test key operational areas and present valuable insights into your organization’s strengths and weaknesses. We help your board of directors see the big picture—informing them of opportunities for improvement with regard to accounting systems or policies. We believe that an informed board and responsible management are an organization's strongest controls.
- We help to create continuous appeal of your mission. We believe that in addition to presenting accurate and comprehensive financial information, the financial statements of a not-for-profit organization should educate users about the program and objectives of the organization.
- We use audits constructively. At BWB, a key big differentiator for us is that we create value out of our clients’ audits and tax returns. While an audit and tax return are necessary for compliance, we use them as constructive tools for improving the operations and financial health of organizations.
- We maximize 990s. When we help nonprofits prepare their 990s, we recognize that these are public documents. The 990 will describe your accomplishments and give you the opportunity to best communicate your services. As your consultants, we'll help you to translate your organization’s story into your 990 because we believe nobody can tell this story better than you.
Schedule a meeting with us today to find out how we can help you to navigate the financial success of your business.